5/09/2010

Free Cigarettes for Drunken Minors

Yesterday, while I was looking for info about the Living Deadbeats, I noticed one of their MySpace “friends” was a fellow Vancouver-based band called Free Cigarettes for Drunken Minors. I’ve mentioned before that I’m a sucker for a cool band name, so I had to see what was going on there.

What I found was guitarist Kara Beaner and banjo player Dirty Swagger, who together play what they call a “rotten brand of country punk.” They’ve also described themselves as “the Eurythmics of the drunk rawk scene.”

What you get is an acoustic duo that has been together since the mid-90’s, entertaining the masses with tastefully twangy tunes such as “Hard Luck Motherfucker,” “Whiskey Demons,” and today’s selection, “Hangover.”

You can also get more information about Free Cigarettes for Drunken Minors from their MySpace page. (Taken out of context, that sentence sounds like either the worst or the funniest PSA ever.)

Hangover.mp3


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:12 PM , Blogger Dgrador said...

Highly recommended.

fun fact: that pic is at Chateau Noir.

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger aikin said...

thanks! After checking out some other pictures, I kinda figured it might be. I'm gonna have to get myself up to Vancouver sometime and check that place out in person.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home