5/07/2010

‘Five Years, My Brain Hurts A Lot’

Today marks a dubious sort of anniversary: It was five years ago I pulled into Miami to take up permanent residence. While for some this city is dream vacation destination, the reality of living here can be a whole different animal.


I don’t want to get off into the various reasons I dislike living here; just know that I do. Why stay, you may reasonably ask. Well, I have a job and in this economy that’s as good a reason as any. And as long as that continues to be true, I’ll continue to suck it up and live in Miami.

The lyrics of this Bowie song, the opening track from The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars aren’t all true to my situation, but some of them are. Or maybe the song’s theme of pending destruction fits. Either way, it’s still a cool song.

Five Years.mp3


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home