12/02/2007

South Florida hates Bruce

BBC NEWS | Northern Ireland | Springsteen tickets sell out fast
With more than 20 tickets per second sold, Springsteen broke the record set by Oasis in 2005 for selling out the Odyssey. ...

Extra Springsteen gig tickets sell out in 8 hours - Bruce Springsteen
According to event promoters, Doctor Music, 72000 tickets for a Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band concert at the Nou Camp stadium in Barcelona on the ...

Springsteen On Fire In N.J.: 15 Gigs Sell Out In One Day ...
Fans of Bruce Springsteen didn't balk at the $37.50-$67.50 ticket prices for his tour with the E Street Band, snapping up every ticket Saturday for 15 July ...


Based on the above responses to a Google search for information on Bruce Springsteen ticket sales, you would have plenty of reason to think I screwed up. Tickets for Springsteen’s April 2008 show in Ft. Lauderdale went on sale yesterday morning. I totally spaced it – I had some work stuff to do and completely forgot.

I woke up this morning and thought, “Oh shit!” I figured that outside of StubHub, there would be no way I’d get tickets. But, leave it to South Florida. I logged onto TicketMaster this morning and not only got tickets, but decent seats as well.

I don’t know whether to be disgusted at the people who didn’t buy tickets too fast for me to get mine, or to be happy they’re ignorant. In the end, I suppose it doesn’t matter.

Here’s some music from a 2002 show Bruce and the E Street Band did for MTV. Other than the fact this was recorded outside in New York City and it seemed to have been raining, I couldn’t find much information about the show. To the best of my knowledge, it was not released commercially.

The Rising.mp3
Lonesome Day.mp3
Waitin’ on a Sunny Day.mp3
Darkness on the Edge of Town.mp3
Meet Me at Mary’s Place / Band Introductions.mp3
Thunder Road.mp3
My City of Ruin.mp3
Dancing in the Dark.mp3
Ramrod.mp3
Born to Run.mp3

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM , Blogger Erica said...

Pretty sure this was a pre-show or during or combo of both that Bruce and co. played a few years back prior to the Grammys or something along those lines...it was like late 2001 or 2002 but the memory is hazy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home