12/10/2008

Happy Holidays from Aerosmith

I was looking through the music files last night (for Christmas music...) when I came across this live Aerosmith recording I obtained a while back. Since it was recorded just a few days before Christmas, it seems appropriate for this time of year.

I know I preface every Aerosmith post with a bitch about how they aren’t as good as they used to be, so I’ll skip that this time. You’re welcome. But I’m skipping it with reason. This recording, which comes from 1994, sounds like a band at their peak. Aerosmith perform a lot of classics, and dammit if the music doesn’t sound as good – if not better – than anything on Live Bootleg. The band is loose and having fun playing their hometown, and it shows. How often do you get a chance to hear Joe Perry improvise a Christmas song?

The recording comes – I believe – from an FM broadcast, so the sound quality is pretty decent. This show was the last on Aerosmith’s 18-month Get A Grip tour, and took place in the band’s hometown of Boston, Mass., on Dec. 19, 1994. This was also the band’s first appearance at the Mama Kin Music Hall, a club they had a part ownership stake in. (Aerosmith dissociated themselves from the club and sold their share in 1999. Mama Kin Music Hall has since changed its name.)

Train Kept a Rollin.mp3
Same Old Song and Dance.mp3
Big Ten Inch.mp3
Walk on Water.mp3
Walking the Dog.mp3
Chip Away the Stone.mp3
Last Child.mp3
Rattlesnake Shake.mp3
One Way Street.mp3
Xmas Song.mp3 ~ Joe Perry, lead vocal
Let the Music Do the Talking.mp3
Walk This Way (medley).mp3
Cryin’.mp3
Mama Kin.mp3
I’m Not Talking.mp3

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:35 PM , Blogger Nazz Nomad said...

Y'know, Aersosmith aren't as good as they used to be.
There, I SAID IT!

But seriously, Aerosmith is like sex... it might not be as awesome as it was when you were younger, but you're more thankful these days to get any of it!

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger Vita said...

Who's My E E E E ... Monkey

And your Tyler Looka like a Man ;*

 
At 7:14 AM , Blogger Vita said...

Who is my E E E Monkey

& your Stevie Tyler Looka Like a Man *

 
At 12:25 PM , Blogger jonder said...

I gotta second Nazz's comment about Aerosmith and sex. Nice setlist there: thankfully light on the ballads. I can die a happy man if I never again hear "I Don't Wanna Kiss Your Thing".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home