4/28/2008

Lounge Fly - STP, 2002

Hey! I’m finally back. There was some sort of difficulty with my modem. Either that or my cats were screwing around and disconnected something. One or the other. No matter, we’re good now.

It’s been about three weeks now since the Stone Temple Pilots announced they were reuniting for a tour starting next month and running through November. Guitarist Dean DeLeo said the band plans to record a new album after the tour, Blabbermouth.net recently reported. And singer Scott Weiland was formally “let go” from Velvet Revolver last week, which frees him up to pursue the reunion.

I’m pretty pleased to see the band back together. Although I liked Velvet Revolver, I felt their sound was a little too slick. I hope that whomever they get to replace Weiland can add the coarser sound that would make the band as great as they could be.

As far as STP, I’ve been a fan since Core and I have pretty high expectations for any new music coming from the band. And – they’re playing South Florida on my birthday, so yeah, I’m happy about the reunion (there’s a full list of tour dates on the band’s MySpace).

What I’ve got for music tonight is an STP show recorded April 23, 2002, at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC. This was their last tour, in support of their last studio disk, Shangri-La Dee Da.

Setlist:
Shine on You Crazy Diamond
Vaseline
Crackerman
Hollywood Bitch
Big Empty
Dead and Bloated
Atlanta
Sour Girl
Wonderful
Creep.mp3
Lounge Fly
Too Cool Queenie
Big Bang Baby
Trippin’ on a Hole in a Paper Heart.mp3
Interstate Love Song.mp3
Plush
Down (with Army Ants intro)
Kitchenware and Candybars
Sex Type Thing

Unzippin’ on a Hole in a Paper Heart (the whole thing, zip style)

Also: mark your calendars – STP will be on Jimmy Kimmel this Thursday night (May 1).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM , Blogger Nazz Nomad said...

I heard Axl Rose was gonna be the new Velvet Revolver singer.


OK- I made that up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home