6/10/2007

Blogroll Update: Stand and Be Counted

It’s been a good few months since last I updated the blogroll (conveniently located to your right), so this seems as good a time as any to do so.

I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to do so, but I’ve finally added the blog often called “The Old Gray Lady” of MP3 blogs, Pitchfork. I doubt there’s anyone one doesn’t already know about Pitchfork, but if not, you should. It’s a useful source for new music news.

It’s Hard to Find a Friend posts a good variety of music, something I always look for when I decide whether to bookmark a blog and return to it. Their latest post is a mix tape with artists ranging from The White Stripes to the Hotpipes and a side of Vampire Weekend.

I found The College Crowd Digs Me when Casey left a comment on one of my posts. I usually will follow links until I get to the person’s blog. This has found me a couple of very interesting things, both musical and non-musical. I’ve also learned to start paying more attention to the hit reports so if someone links me I can return the favor. Anyway, Casey also has broad taste in music and I’ve enjoyed finding his blog. His latest post is an excerpt from an interview he scored with John Prine.

I don’t remember how I got to Aural Fitness, but I’m glad I did. I arrived late to the party and missed most of a musical tour of the 50 states (they just posted Virginia the other day). Something cool they do is a “Degrees of Separation” post, which is just like the “Six Degrees of Separation” game. Check out how they get from Phil Collins to Townes Van Zandt in not six, but three steps.

I want to make mention also of a blog my former brother-in-law recently kicked off. He’s not doing anything music-related at this point, but I said I’d mention it. He and his wife are on a road trip from the deserts of California to somewhere in Canada. Their stated purpose: “We have long wanted to see the natives of that region and observe their curious customs.” There’s also mention of a visit to some pot-growing regions, so the trip could grow very strange and terrible at any point. The trip blog is titled simply Tripp. Homage to what a long, strange one it will be? Maybe.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:59 PM , Blogger Robert said...

Actually, friend -- You did not miss all of the 50 states. See.... I used to have an old blog called Trees Lounge. I got through 27 of the states before I got bored and quit/got too drunk for too long to continue. So on the new blog I started afresh -- from the bottom. You're here in time to catch a good majority of them since Virginia will be completed this very week!

Thanks for the love!

Rob @ auralfitness.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home