5/27/2007

"Stop the traffic - Rock and Roll"*

I had a hell of a time finding something to post today. Not for lack of music: There’re CDs stacked all over Apt. 104. I just couldn’t find anything I wanted to hear. And, as I’ve mentioned, if I don’t feel like hearing it, chances are no one else does either.

So here it is, almost 9:30. I have to work tomorrow so I’m not going out or anything tonight. I’ve eaten, mopped the floors, cleaned the cat box, and done just about everything else I can think of that might need doing. Then I decided to root around a little and see if I can’t find something that’s not only interesting to me, but could potentially be interesting to the faithful few who regularly tune in.

I’d forgotten I had this, but stacked back with the other U2 disks is the 1993 single “Stay (Faraway, so close).” This was released in November 1993, the third single from Zooropa. The band actually released four versions of the “Stay” single. The one I have, curiously, is the American version, which has six tracks. In addition to the title track and what I’m featuring here today, there is also a live version of “Love is Blindness,” and the Bad Yard Club Edit version of “Lemon.”

“I’ve Got You Under My Skin” was originally recorded for Frank Sinatra’s Duets album, also released in 1993.

I’ve Got You Under My Skin.mp3 Frank Sinatra with Bono
Slow Dancing.mp3
Bullet the Blue Sky (live).mp3 recorded in Dublin, August 28, 1993

*A graffito Bono wrote on a statue in San Francisco during a 1987 tour stop in the city.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

rock and roll is the best genre there is, his best seasons were the 70s, 80s and 90s. Thank God for rock and roll yeahhh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home