3/24/2007

More Cool Sites You Need to Know About

Thought I'd take a quick few minutes to update my blogroll. I've found a few cool sites since my last update. I also know that a couple of these people have added me to their blogrolls and I'd feel like a dick if I didn't reciprocate.

13 Cigarette Night I would give props to just for its name, but El Bobov posts some great old-school punk, as well as having the audacity to call bullshit on classic rock. That’s OK, I don’t take it personal!

I don’t know how Bleedin’ Out wasn’t the first blog I ever found. Nazz covers “punk rock, garage rock, and omfug.” That pretty much sums up my musical tastes. There is indeed some great music to be found at Bleedin’ Out.

The author(s) of Captain’s Dead not only post up interesting music, but also have a way with a headline: “Private, Get My Pies Outta the Oven,” being one of my favorites since I’ve been reading the blog. They’ve also posted a pre-American Idol picture of Randy Jackson from his Journey Days. I’m sure it’s no scoop, but it did make me laugh my ass off when I saw it. "You soundin' a little pitchy, tonight, dawg." hahaha

Confessions of a Music Addict I found when LB, one of its creators, dropped a comment telling me her dad had raised her on some of the older music I’ve been posting. I told her and I’ll tell you: If I had a kid, you’d better be damned certain they’d be listening to this music, too. Or living out in the yard with their reggaeton disks, one or the other.

Covert Curiosity is a blog out of Austin, TX. And you know I loves me some Texas rock ‘n’ roll. Covert Curiosity covers a lot of local Austin bands and shows, but also throws other “indie” stuff into the mix.

There you have it; five new sites I’ve bookmarked. If you haven’t visited them before, I encourage you to do so now. I also encourage you to support the music and artists they tell you about. Go to live shows, buy CDs, and tell your friends and families to do the same.

I'll be back tomorrow with some form of music.

1 Comments:

At 2:15 AM , Blogger Lawrence Boone said...

Hey thanks very much. I'll have to do some reciprocatin'.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home