3/06/2007

Whole Lotta Acoustic Love

I’m gonna rock a quick post tonight. I’ve been suffering from some sort of insomnia the last few nights and I’m just dead tired. I’m hoping this is the night I can get decent sleep.

I looked for some information on this single from Robert Plant’s 1993 Fate of Nations album, but there’s not a lot out there. All I can find is that this acoustic version of “Whole Lotta Love” was the B-side to “29 Palms.” I don’t think it was released anywhere else, and I read in one place that the single is out-of-print now. I don’t know if that’s true or not. Ironically, the only reason I bought the single was for the flip-side. I found it difficult to get into the overall musical direction Plant took on Fate of Nations and didn’t even buy the album itself.

Regardless, the album was released on Es Paranza records in May 1993. It charted as high as number 34 here in the States, and was Plant’s last solo album until 2002’s Dreamland.

Whole Lotta Love (acoustic version).mp3

As a footnote sorta thing, when I decided to name this post “Whole Lotta Acoustic Love,” I thought maybe Zeppelin or Plant & Page had also cut it acoustic somewhere and I could have at least a couple of versions, but I couldn’t find anything. If anyone knows about one, let me know?

3 Comments:

At 3:19 AM , Blogger Lawrence Boone said...

Nice.

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger Ctelblog said...

Whappen? Whereditgo?

 
At 8:32 PM , Blogger aikin said...

best I can tell, the song is there. The link seems to work. Maybe my host was down for awhile.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home