1/15/2009

Nothing like a good Crackwhore

I noticed that when my posts have titles like the one today, I get hits from an interesting mix of Googlers. For instance, a year ago I wrote about Miami punkers Boy Prostitute. I still see hits to this page from people – apparently – actually looking for boy prostitutes.

Also last year, I wrote about Chalant, who have a great and greatly hilarious song titled “Suck My Pussy.” I had the wisdom to call the post “I Can Still Taste the Urine,” which I took from something on the band’s MySpace. I’ve since learned that when you combine the words “urine” and “pussy” in a single post, you’re going to attract some traffic you may not have normally seen.

So let’s see what today’s post brings.

Crackwhore is another hard rockin’ band from Down Under. When those Aussies rock, they rock – no messin’ around. Coming out of Melbourne, and led by singer XStacy Gazoonga and guitarist James Rotten, this five-piece took influence from the Divinyls, kicked it up a notch, and added a dash of Bikini Kill and the Stooges for some American flavor. Crackwhore has been described as “dirty rock with a garage punk influence.” They’re every bit of that and then some and it would suck if they never got any attention here in the U.S.

The band has been together since May 2002 and have released a handful of singles and a couple of EPs, as well as being included on some Australian compilations. Crackwhore released their self-titled debut disk last January on Aussie label Turkeyneck / IODA Records. If you like your rock real and brutal, then, like the band says, “Pick up a Crackwhore and take it home.”

Go.mp3
Big Shot.mp3

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:47 AM , Blogger Greg said...

Hey thanks! Pretty great... and definitely worth the skeevy lurkers that it's going to bring. "Crackwhore urine pussy" is probably going to be one of the most popular searches of '09.

 
At 2:37 AM , Blogger Hanan said...

hahahhahahaa

 
At 2:51 PM , Blogger PunkRockDoll said...

eh. what's wrong with a little sketchy-ness. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home