1/06/2009

A Stripped Companion

My friends, this is my FIVE HUNDREDTH POST.

As such, I thought it might be appropriate to dig around the back corners of my hard drive and see if I could find something kind of special to mark the occasion.

What I came up with is a Rolling Stones boot, known as the Stripped Companion. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you that Stripped was the Stones’ 1995 acoustic live album. This unofficial “companion” album is a compilation of outtakes, “B” sides, and a couple of other miscellaneous unplugged tracks, all from the 1993-1995 era. A listener review written on Bootleg Zone called the Companion disk “Amazing,” and said, “This is what boots should always do: Surpass the original.”

Recording info:
1-6: Toshiba-Studio sessions: Tokyo. March 3-5, 1995
7: Backstage rehearsals, Olympia, Paris. July 3, 1995
8: Paradiso, Amsterdam. May 26, 1995
9-10: Brixton Academy, London. July 19, 1995
11-13: Paradiso, Amsterdam. May 27, 1995
14-15: Brixton Academy, London. July 19, 1995

1. Honest I Do.mp3
2. Let’s Spend the Night Together.mp3
3. No Expectations.mp3
4. Beast of Burden.mp3
5. Memory Motel.mp3
6. Let It Bleed.mp3
7. Tumbling Dice.mp3
8. Gimme Shelter.mp3
9. Live With Me.mp3
10. Black Limousine.mp3
11. All Down the Line.mp3
12. Dead Flowers.mp3
13. Shine a Light.mp3
14. Sweet Virginia.mp3
15. Rip This Joint.mp3

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:02 AM , Blogger Hanan said...

sweet! thanks for these.
happy 500th!

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger a Tart said...

Wow! Congrats hun! Feels like just yesterday eh? :)

Your blog has been so inspiring, and I can't tell you how many people I've turned onto your Zeppelin tapes. Thanks for doin what ya do xoxoxo

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Dave C said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I've been making this a regular stop for about a year. You've offered up some terrific music along the way (Zep series!, et al) and show no signs of tiring. Way to go.

 
At 12:39 AM , Blogger Casey said...

As my dad will always say...about any impressive number.
->"That there's a bunch of'em."<--
Congrats!
Props!
and always...
Good stuff!

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger aikin said...

thanks everyone!
Even those who never leave comments!

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Nazz Nomad said...

Mazel Tov!
Looking forward to hearing the Stones stuff too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home