12/23/2008

The 12 Days of Xmas (day 10)

On the tenth day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
Ten Lords a Leaping
Nine Ladies Dancing
Eight Maids a Milking
Seven Swans a Swimming
Six Geese a Laying
Five Golden Rings
Four Calling Birds
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Christmas Eve Eve. Are you done shopping yet? I used to have an uncle who would work until 5 p.m. every Christmas Eve, then set out to do his shopping before coming over for dinner. He drove my mom nuts.

A fair mix of rock-oriented Xmas tunes tonight. I’m including “Danny Says” even though it’s not really a Christmas song. The line, “It’s not Christmas if there ain’t no snow,” just seems to really strike home as I sit here in 73 degree weather. You’ll note that this is Tom Waits’ version; oddly enough I have this but I don’t seem to have the Ramones’ original.

Run Rudolph Run.mp3 ~ Lemmy
Danny Says (Ramones cover).mp3 ~ Tom Waits
We Three Kings.mp3 ~ Reverend Horton Heat
Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want to Fight Tonight).mp3 ~ Ramones
Back Door Santa.mp3 ~ The Black Crowes
Hey Santa Claus.mp3 ~ The Chesterfield Kings
Jingle Bell Rock.mp3 ~ The Ventures
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!.mp3 ~ Brian Setzer Orchestra
Silent Night / A Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis.mp3 ~ Tom Waits
Story of the Magi / Silent Night.mp3 ~ The White Stripes

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home