12/14/2008

The 12 Days of Xmas (day 1)

On the first day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
A Partridge in a Pear Tree

With minimal thought, I’ve decided how to approach the annual heaping of holiday sounds this year. Unlike in years past where I’ve done a five-day countdown to Xmas, this year I’m stepping it up. I’m going to celebrate the 12 days of Xmas.

This is going to be quite an ambitious project here at the Licorice Pizza: A total of 72 songs over the next 12 days (if I mathemapplied correctly). Starting today with one song, then tomorrow with two, and so on and so on. But it won’t be a case of “today you get Keith Richards and tomorrow you get Keef plus one.” Each day will be new songs. Some days there might be themes, some days it might be totally random. I had considered trying to link the music thematically to each “gift,” i.e. today’s music would have been partridge related. But once you get to lords a leaping, what do you do? So that didn’t happen.

So – let’s get things started. And nowhere better to start than with Keith Richards’ version of “Run Rudolph Run.”

Run Rudolph Run.mp3

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home