6/14/2008

I Want! I Want! I Want!

Oh, I feel old today. I went out last night to see Mudhoney and got home way late. Or way early this morning, depending how you look at it. Great show – I’ll talk a little more about it in the days to come. But I’m tired as hell today.

In the meantime, I’ve got what would seem at first glance to be an unrelated mix of music. I was looking for a song in my iTunes library and noticed something amusing as I scrolled through the I’s: Song after song with the words “I Want” in the title. I want, I want to, I wanna. And I didn’t even look for gimmes. I got a little laugh out of all that and thought I’d share some unrepentant greed with you this evening.

I know this is a far-from-complete collection. Even as I wrote this, I thought of probably another half-dozen songs that would qualify for this post. These are just the 10 that happened to be in iTunes.

I Want You (Bob Dylan cover).mp3 Bruce Springsteen
I Want You to Want Me.mp3 Cheap Trick
I Want to be Wrong.mp3 No Use for a Name
I Want to be the Boy, take 2 (White Stripes cover).mp3 Chan Marshall
I Wanna Fuck You.mp3 The Ponys
I Wanna be Your Dog (live Stooges cover).mp3 REM and Patti Smith
I Wanna be Where the Boys Are.mp3 The Runaways
I Wanna Kill You.mp3 GG Allin
I Wanna be an Alcoholic.mp3 Chachi on Acid
I Wanna be Your Dog (live).mp3 Iggy and the Stooges

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:03 AM , Blogger El Fugitivö said...

Nice list!

How about "I Want You" by Elvis Costello?

cheers.

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger Nazz Nomad said...

hey aiken...
lookin forward to the review of the mudhoney show. gonna see em in ny. the new album is pretty good as far as the "mudhoney sound", but the lyrics are sorta week.

my band is playing "in and out of grace" -0- great fun to play!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home