9/05/2007

And it just goes on....

I hate to beat my own drum, but holy shit! My "Toot and a Snore” post got a mention on Rolling Stone’s Web site. When I graduated college, my dream job was to write for that magazine, so I guess I’ll take this (very) brief mention. It’s about a third of the way down the page, three paragraphs below Britney Spears’ picture. Or if you’re as giddy as I am, this is what it says:
The Beatles’ classic 1965 film Help! will finally get the deluxe-DVD treatment on October 29th. The digitally restored film will come complete with a second disc featuring a documentary, behind-the-scenes footage and a missing scene. To help you through the wait, check out this site (my emphasis), which boasts the infamous Paul McCartney/John Lennon 1974 recording session, or as the bootleggers call it, A Toot and a Snore.
My fear now with this unusual publicity is attracting, ahem, “unwanted” attention. Let’s hope everyone continues in this friendly frame of mind.

I’ll be back with more music as soon as my head can fit through the door.

5 Comments:

At 2:30 PM , Blogger Nazz Nomad said...

congratulations!

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations from france Aikin...
your blog is one of the best musical blog...Then I'm not really surprised to see your article in RollingStone.
Good job

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger aikin said...

thanks!
And Yves, while I appreciate the comment, even in my most self-involved moments, I know I'm far from the best!! I just lucked out on one post. For a bunch of bloggers who are much better, click on any of the sites on the right side of the page ---->

 
At 12:48 AM , Blogger The Idea Of Progress said...

Good show, sir. If you want to hide from Rolling Stone, just hang out at a good record store. They would be afraid of the music in there, and they'd never find you.

Oh, and welcome to the blogroll!

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger Casey said...

All Right!!
That is tremendously...COOL!!
Off to track it down.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home