7/24/2007

It's Party Time, It's Aerosmith

This post comes from the files of my love/hate relationship with Aerosmith. They’ve disappointed me so much in recent years that I can’t really consider myself a fan any more. But back in the old days? Now that’s a whole ‘nother story.

I’ve got a couple of stray tracks today from “The Other Side” single. “The Other Side” was released in 1990 as the fourth single from Aerosmith’s 1989 album Pump.

My disk says “Made in Germany” on it, so I probably picked it up as an import somewhere. The only difference from the US release is mine is lacking the LP version of “The Other Side.” Instead it has only the “Extended Club Mix,” and “The Honky Tonk Version,” along with the two other tracks, “My Girl” and “Theme from Wayne’s World.”

So let’s talk about the “Theme from Wayne’s World.” In February 1990, Aerosmith was the musical guest on an episode of Saturday Night Live hosted by Tom Hanks. During the “Wayne’s World” sketch Garth gets his cousin Barry (Tom Hanks), a roadie for Aerosmith, to talk the band into appearing on “Wayne’s World” to help publicize the band’s upcoming show. In return Wayne and Garth agree to put Barry on the air. Aerosmith makes an appearance and...

Wayne: Okay, we're just about out of time, right? But it's always been my fantasy to play with you guys. And I was wondering if you wouldn't mind singing the “Wayne's World” theme with me?

Theme from “Wayne’s World”.mp3
The Other Side (Matt Dike “Honky Tonk” version).mp3

The YouTube just happened to have the SNL “Wayne’s World” clip.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:09 PM , Blogger Nazz Nomad said...

hey tyler and perry are a couple of whores at this point. they'll appear with anyone (sanjaya on american idol, britney at the super bowl, etc).
who cares. they still kick ass. and me and the missus see em every chance we get!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home