7/23/2007

Guns N' Roses reunion?

I just read – on Yahoo news of all places – about a rumored Guns N’ Roses reunion. Here’s what the article says:

The original lineup of Guns N’ Roses--minus lead singer Axl Rose—is rumored to be reuniting to mark the 20th anniversary of the band's seminal debut album Appetite For Destruction.

According to drummer Steven Adler, the event is due to take place on July 28 at the Key Club in Los Angeles.

The club’s Web site states that Adler’s Appetite, L.A. Guns, and “very special guests” will appear that night. Adler said, “I’ll be down there with my band and Slash, Izzy [Stradlin, guitarist], and Duff [McKagan, bass] will be there too. It’s gonna be great.”

Adler added that it was unlikely Rose would join his former band mates, but that he expected a full reunion to happen eventually.

He explained, “Axl and I spoke to each other in Las Vegas recently, and I know there's a chance. It’s just too big. Whatever the Stones make when they play, we’d triple it. It’d be ridiculous not to do it. He can’t be that goofy.”
I checked the Key Club site, and I’ll-be-go-to-hell if it doesn’t show the following for the night of July 28: 20 Year Anniversary Celebration of Appetite for Destruction, featuring Adler’s Appetite and LA Guns. I about shit when I saw ticket prices: $15 advance; $20 at the door. Holy crap! If it wouldn’t cost me about 20 times that to get to L.A. (not to mention lodging, transportation, food, etc., etc.), you can guaran-damn-tee I’d be there.

Here’s the Key Club July calendar. If you’re in L.A. and can go, I wanna hear all about it!

To ease my pain of missing this show, I’ve got a couple of songs from a Gn’R show at Perkin’s Palace in Pasadena, Calif. It was recorded Dec. 26, 1987, just a few months after the release of Appetite for Destruction and before the album got so huge. “I Used to Love Her,” was later released on Lies. This is an electric version. “Rocket Queen” is one of my favorites from Appetite.

I Used to Love Her (live).mp3
Rocket Queen (live).mp3

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Please...please...PLEASE post more/the rest of this show?

This is an AMAZING document of a very special time in rock-n-roll...and of this band at the peak of their powers.

Those two songs...are a TEASE!! Post the rest of 'em - or a link to 'em??

BTW - I am a FAN of your blog...SO much great music you've been good enough to share...thanks for all the posts, but this one especially!!!

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger aikin said...

I thought about posting the rest of the songs, but something evil in me said not to!

I'll try to get the rest up soon.

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I will be SO pleased if you do, sir!

(don't listen to those little voices...they're
evil...E-VIL, I say!!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home