5/06/2007

Eat Me, Drink Me - Part Deux

Apparently word – and the album – has leaked, so I’ll try to beat the Monday rush and make my Marilyn Manson contribution today.

According to Wiki, Eat Me, Drink Me was leaked onto some P2P networks a few days ago. In response, Manson commissioned DJ Ryan Manno on Q101 in Chicago to play the entire album on their radio station. The album’s official release date was to have been June 5. No news on whether that will be pushed up as a result of the leak.

In January, Manson’s Web site formally disclosed the album's title as Eat Me, Drink Me, a title that may be interpreted to hold several meanings, including references to "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and the Eucharist. Manson says the album’s title was also inspired by “that story several years back of the German man who put out an ad that he wanted to be eaten, and the man who ate him,” according to an article in Revolver.
“Although I can’t relate to the relationship those two had,” Manson said, “I found the story very compelling in a romantic way. I think a lot of people wouldn’t look at it as romantic, but it was to them in some sick way, and it is to me in some sick way, too.”

“[The songs] are clearly written to seduce somebody. . . I don't want people to think that the record is some kind of exploitation of my personal life,” Manson told Rolling Stone in a March interview. “At the same time, it also represents exactly who I am and what I feel. . . I really wanted to be a singer on this album. This is very earnest and uncalculated and raw, in the sense that I know I'm fucked up, and I'm really not ashamed of it.”

My earlier post, featuring “If I Was Your Vampire,” the first leaked song, as well as the entire track list for Eat Me, Drink Me is here.

To round things out, here’s the title track; roughly six-and-a-half minutes of madness.

Eat Me, Drink Me.mp3

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home