2/14/2007

Thank You

This blog isn’t really about me or who I am or what I do. I figure if anyone wanted to know, they’d e-mail and ask.

I can tell you I am divorced, and have been for a couple of years now. I was married for about 10 years. When I got married, my ex-wife (she was actually my future wife at the time) was happy to plan 99% of the wedding details, as most women probably are. The one thing I asked her to let me do was to pick the song we would dance to at our reception. She was OK with letting me do that, even after I told her I wanted a Led Zeppelin song.

Way back when I was in high school, long before I knew my then wife-to-be, and long before I really thought I’d ever be married, I thought “Thank You” was a great love song.
“If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you /
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.”
I played her the song - she listened to the words and agreed it was appropriate, so “Thank You” it was.

Time goes on, though, and things happen. Like I said, we’re divorced now. "C'est la vie,” I suppose.

I gave a little bit of thought to what I should do for a Valentine’s Day post. Should I hunt up some quirky love songs? Should I be angry and bitter like I was about Christmas? Maybe just skip a post altogether? In the end, I decided I’d post this song. Even though my marriage didn’t work out, that doesn’t at all diminish the beauty of this simple little love song. Happy Valentine's Day.

Thank You.mp3 Led Zeppelin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home