7/20/2006

In a Bret Easton Ellis State of Mind

So the cable guy finally showed. It took him 45 minutes of running back and forth between my apartment and the secret cable closet to get me back on line. I was late for work, but now, with the ‘net running smooth and with Comedy Central in the background, it was all worth it, right?
Yeah, right.
I still hate my cable company.

Anyway, I just finished reading Bret Easton Ellis’ latest book Lunar Park, which made me really just want to drink vodka straight and do line after line of coke, but it also made me dig out the soundtrack to Less Than Zero, even though I think the movie didn’t really convey the late 80s detachment and weirdness the novel did, the soundtrack does have some interesting music, such as Poison covering Kiss, Slayer covering Iron Butterfly, and Aerosmith covering Huey "Piano" Smith just to name a couple, and the "Hazy Shade of Winter" came up again in the remake of The Hills Have Eyes I was watching the other night and I realized that song forever means holiday alienation to me.

In honor of vodka, cocaine, horror movie remakes, and sentences spell check assures me aren’t run-ons, here are a couple of my favorites from the soundtrack. Admittedly this isn’t from my vinyl collection, but it’s my blog so I’ll do what I want.

The Bangles Hazy Shade of Winter.mp3

Joan Jett & the Blackhearts She’s Lost You.mp3

Aerosmith Rocking Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu.mp3

Public Enemy Bring the Noise.mp3

to buy the Less Than Zero novel, DVD, or soundtrack, check out Amazon.com. (I had a link, but don't want it linking to my default account, so just go to www.amazon.com and search Less Than Zero. Don't be a dweeb.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home