6/22/2006

Twenty Twelve and a slice of Licorice Pizza

I know this blog is supposed to be about me sharing my vinyl, but while drifting around the Interweb, I found an EP named Licorice Pizza, by Twenty Twelve. Twenty Twelve is actually Nick Rapattoni, a classically-trained pianist who got interested in dance music about 10-15 years ago while attending the University of Miami (imagine that).
The track is an instrumental, which incorporates an "oldschool style break with a transformed air raid siren and thick 808 bassline," according to the site. The disk was released on May 11, 1999, on DUV Records L.A. It's a funky little track that caught enough of my interest that I thought I'd toss it up here, despite my usual hatred of all things dance.

Funk Tine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home