3/03/2009

U2 Take it to the Rooftops

U2’s new album, No Line On the Horizon, is out today. I haven’t actually gotten it yet and I’ve only heard the song or two that have been floating around the past couple of weeks, so I won’t bore you with my thoughts. But from what I’ve heard so far this album is vintage U2 and I imagine I’ll like it and you probably will as well.

I’m sure you’re all aware that in support of their album U2 has been on a media-saturating blitz. They’re playing what I believe is an unprecedented five-night stand at the Late Show this week. Friday morning they are also appearing live on Good Morning America.

Overseas, the promotional onslaught hit a high spot (pun intended) last week when U2 took to the roof of the BBC Building in London. “A crowd of around 5,000 watched the rooftop show,” according to a BBC report. “U2 had been special guests on BBC Radio 1 and rumours of the gig appeared on Internet message boards during the day.”

The band performed four tracks during the 20-minute show, which the BBC also said “echoed The Beatles' 1969 rooftop performance at record label Apple's London headquarters.”

For a little more of an "echo," check out this version of “Vertigo.”

So - I don’t know if the recording of this February 27 show has made its way to your corner of the Internet yet, but if not, I happened across it and thought I’d share. I thought I read that the Beeb broadcast this show, but I can’t find that source again, so I don’t if that is correct. Regardless, the sound is great, as it always seems to be for live U2.

Introduction.mp3
Get On Your Boots.mp3
Magnificent.mp3
Vertigo.mp3
Beautiful Day.mp3


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home