12/22/2007

Countdown to Xmas - day 2

Today’s the Countdown to Xmas day when I let my inner Grinch out.

I’m actually in a much better mood about the holidays than I was last year. That’s still not saying it seems like Christmas here. I think the Ramones lyric goes something like, “It ain’t Christmas if there ain’t no snow.”

Growing up in Southern (more or less) California, I can say I’ve never had a white Christmas. A few days before or a few days after, maybe, but I’ve never lived anywhere there has been snow on Christmas day. Surprisingly enough, the closest I’ve come in recent years was the last Christmas I lived in Houston (2004). There were actually little snow flurries on Christmas Eve. Nothing stuck, but still, that was pretty cool, especially for Houston.

But enough about me – here’s today’s music. Most of these are reposts from last year’s gala Christmas celebration. The John Prine and Sarah Silverman tunes are the only new-to-Licorice-Pizza songs. “Give the Jew Girl Toys” was remixed/mashed-up by a duo called aplusd (if you’re into mash-ups, you might want to visit the aplusd site for other downloads).

Give the Jew Girl Toys (remix).mp3 Sarah Silverman (remixed by aplusd)
Have Yourself a Filthy Little Christmas.mp3 And What Will Be Left of Them?
Christmas in Prison.mp3 John Prine
Christmas is Cancelled.mp3 The Long Blondes
Dead By Xmas.mp3 Hanoi Rocks
Fuck Christmas.mp3 The Streetwalkin’ Cheetahs

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:34 AM , Blogger Nazz Nomad said...

your christmas song posting shares the same sentiment as my posting.

ho freakin' ho

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger Quent said...

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu continuously until it hurts...

merry xmas

(life is hard, but better with you in it)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home