12/21/2007

Countdown to Xmas - day 1

Welcome to the Licorice Pizza Second Annual Countdown to Xmas.

I’ve seen a few hits for the Xmas pages from last year – all of those links were on a different host and are long since dead and gone. I’m going to reup some of those songs over the next few days, as well as posting a few new ones I’ve gathered over the past 12 months.

One thing that hasn’t changed from last year is the South Florida weather. It’s a balmy 73 degrees as I sit writing this, and those in the know predict about the same for Christmas Day. I’m watching Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye in “White Christmas,” the little shopping I had to do is done, and, well, I suppose I’m about as ready for Christmas as I’m going to get.

To start things out right, I thought I’d roll out some Christmas music by Richie Blackmore. Surprisingly, this is not what you would expect from Mr. Blackmore. I didn’t know this until I found this EP, but he has a side project called Blackmore’s Night. The band is a Renaissance-inspired folk rock group featuring Blackmore and his wife, Candice Night.

And rounding things out, I’ve also got three servings of Christmas: Blue, White, and Merry. Take your pick.

Christmas Eve.mp3 Blackmore’s Night
Emanuel.mp3 Blackmore’s Night
We Three Kings.mp3 Blackmore’s Night

Blue Christmas.mp3 Brian Setzer
White Christmas.mp3 Bing Crosby
Merry Christmas (extended version).mp3 Ramones

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Blue Christmas, brian setzer...
this track is an M4p track.
Is it possible to have it in Mp3?

Merry Christmas...

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger aikin said...

sorry, yves, I don't have it in MP3. I realized too late it was an M4P track. I think it'll play in most people's iTunes, I'm not sure if it will open in anything else.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home