10/14/2007

Blog Roll Update: Stand and Be Counted v3.0

I realized last night that it’s been almost six months since I’ve updated my blogroll. I know I picked up a few new friends during the heady days of being Digg’d and a Blogger “Blog of Note.” That said, I want to welcome the following blogs to the “Other Cool Sites” list:


Small Things Stupid Packages. I found this blog by following a link from another blog (the easiest way to find cool stuff). Brian earned my lasting loyalty with a three-part post from a 1999 Bruce Springsteen concert in Los Angeles. He also does not care that Bruce didn’t play anything from Born in the U.S.A. at that show.

He’s A Whore. I think I used to have this blog bookmarked, but lost it somewhere along the way. I’m not sure what happened. I’m glad I found it again, though. Recent posts have included a Devo concert recording and a recap of the year 1984.

This Song Starts a Craze. Mike rolls out an “analysis of sound for the masses at large” as he gives his thoughts on all manner of music. Recent posts include reviews of albums as diverse as Radiohead’s In Rainbows and Nocturnal by death metal band The Black Dahlia Murder.

Wake Your Daughter Up, you may or may not recall, provided the source for the Zach DelaRocha post a couple of weeks ago. Travis posts hip-hop, which I will confess I don’t listen much to anymore. If you’re a fan of the genre, you will find some excellent stuff there, as well as links to many other similar sites. If not, check it anyway! That’s how I found the DelaRocha music.

*****

If I missed any MP3 blogs whose authors have linked me, please let me know and I'll be sure to add you, post-haste.

I’m also thinking that I want to create another, non-MP3 blogroll, assuming I still have non-MP3 bloggers visiting my site. Please drop me a comment or an email with your site name and URL if you’re interested. If I can get more than five non-MP3 bloggers to participate, I’ll create that list.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:47 PM , Blogger Brian said...

I'm really glad you liked the Stapler show, and thanks for pimping my blog. I just posted a super sweet Stones show from '78, if you like that sort of thing, check it out!

Thanks again,

Brian

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger Mike said...

Aikin, thank you for recommending my blog to your readers. I really appreciate it. Continue the great work yourself.

-M!ke

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger Travis said...

Hey thanks man, much appreciated..the favor is returned

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home