4/01/2008

What you should know about wielding a Fire Lance

It’s been months probably since I posted any hard-ass metal. For various reasons, I just don’t have much opportunity to hear a lot of new metal these days and I think I’ve pretty much exhausted my old-metal resources. So I was stoked to open my mailbox recently and find music from a metal band.

The Sword (tell me that ain’t a metal name) come from Austin, Texas, which doesn’t seem like it would produce this sort of sonic destruction. I know that many great bands come from Austin; I just don’t hear of many metal bands coming from Austin.

Guitarist / vocalist JD Cronise met his fellow “Swordsmiths” in Austin in late 2003. By early the following year The Sword had been forged: “A blade made of metal so hard that it holds razor sharpness even after repeated use in battle.”

Alongside Cronise, Bryan Richie plays bass, Trivett Wingo is the drummer, and Kyle Shutt is lead guitar. The Sword returns in mid-April from a European tour, then promptly go out on the road in the States to support Gods of the Earth, which was just released today.

04.14.08 - Lubbock, TX - Jake's Sports Center
04.15.08 - Albuquerque, NM - Launchpad
04.16.08 - Phoenix, AZ - The Brick House
04.17.08 - San Diego, CA - The Casbah
04.18.08 - Los Angeles, CA - El Rey Theater
04.19.08 - San Francisco, CA - Slim's
04.21.08 - Portland, OR - Berbati's
04.22.08 - Seattle, WA - Neumo's
04.24.08 - Boise, ID - Nuerolux
04.25.08 - Salt Lake City, UT - Club Vegas
04.26.08 - Denver, CO - Bluebird Theater
04.28.08 - Wichita, KS - Barley Corn's
04.29.08 - Oklahoma City, OK - Conservatory

Fire Lances of the Ancient Hyperzephryians.mp3

Check out The Sword’s MySpace or Web site for info, music, tour dates, or just for more headbanging insanity.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home