1/21/2007

Size Doesn't Matter (or, Isn't 7" Enough?)

I recently found my little box of 45’s, so I’m going to see about once in awhile posting some B-sides and other things from the singles I’ve amassed over the years. The one thing about the 45’s, though, is that they have been seriously manhandled over the years and some of them are scratched to hell.

I’ve got a sampler of some things today. Sort of a pupu platter of music, if you will. I’m just going to put up the music; if I can find any interesting details about the individual songs, I’ll add them. Otherwise, I’ll just keep quiet.

Dear Prudence (Beatles cover).mp3 Siouxsie and the Banshees. A-side of single 1983
English rock band Siouxsie & the Banshees released "Dear Prudence" in 1983 as the first single from their sixth studio album Hyæna. It was produced by the Banshees and was given a gothic rock twist by the band, while still retaining the song's pop feel.
Siouxsie & the Banshees have repeatedly name checked the Beatles as musical influences, and the band had previously recorded a cover version of the Beatles' "Helter Skelter". "Dear Prudence" became Siouxsie & the Banshees' biggest hit, peaking at number three in the UK singles chart during 1983. (source)

I’m Ringing.mp3 Mick Jagger. B-side of “Ruthless People” 1986

Loco del Calor.mp3 David Lee Roth. B-side of “Goin’ Crazy!” 1986

Pretty in Pink (Dub Version).mp3 The Psychedelic Furs. B-side of “Pretty in Pink” 1986. From the movie, of course: “Blane's a pretty cool guy. Andie's pretty in pink. And Ducky's pretty crazy.”

Spanish Eyes.mp3 U2. B-side of “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” 1987. Also released in 1998 on The Best of 1980-1990 compilation.

Deep in the Heart.mp3 U2. B-side of “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” 1987. I can’t find where this song was released anywhere other than as this B-side. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Cross-Eyed Mary (Jethro Tull cover).mp3 Iron Maiden. B-side of “The Trooper” 1983. This was included as a bonus track when Piece of Mind was rereleased on CD in 1995. It was originally packaged as a very cool picture disk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home