1/20/2007

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I’m going to use this post to clean up some stuff real quick. Probably no music, unless I think of something appropriate between now and the time I’m ready to click “publish post.”

I’m going tonight to see Artie Lange perform as part of the second South Beach Comedy Festival. This is remarkable in that when I think comedy, I don’t really think South Florida. Tonight is the last night of the thing, which has been going on since Wednesday. Featured were comedians such as Jon Stewart,Greg Giraldo, Lisa Lampinelli, and Margaret Cho. Comedy Central also taped a special featuring Christopher Titus. According to a press release, this festival was sort of built around the premiere of “Reno 911: Miami.” There were private screenings and so on that I didn’t get to attend.

Artie Lange, of course, is currently part of the Howard Stern show on Sirius Satellite Radio. He was one of the original cast members on Mad-TV and has done a fair amount of work with Norm McDonald on TV and in movies. He’s also the star of Beer League. I like Artie’s irreverent, self-deprecating humor, and the fact that he seems like an ordinary guy. I’m really looking forward to the show and I hope the “hip” South Beach crowd can get into it.

Here’s Artie on Comedy Central’s William Shatner Roast:



In Other Business:

I intended to update my profile for the new year, but I kept getting error messages when I tried to upload a new picture. I tried three different hosts, but got the same series of errors. I feel the small homage to Reservoir Dogs may be too extreme for some. I actually got semi-negative feedback at one blog where I regularly post comments. But until I can overcome the errors, just take it for what it is. I’ve never actually shot anybody and don’t intend to anytime soon.

I’ve also made a couple of additions to my blogroll of Other Cool Sites. The Rock Insider and Come Pick Me Up I found when Large Hearted Boy was listing the top blogs for last year. Both sites are cool and have lots of good music. The Rock Insider is based in Los Angeles, and also provides plenty of information on live performances in and around that area.

Nextly, Magnetic Mary is now María Magnética. She lives in Spain and made the decision to continue her blog in Spanish and at a new address. Unfortunately I read minimal Spanish, so I couldn’t go along for the trip. But she’s cool, so I will keep her here and suggest you check out her site.

To close things out, I know Artie Lange is a big fan of the Allman Brothers, so I’m going to lay some Statesboro Blues on you.

Statesboro Blues.mp3

2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM , Blogger JAX said...

hey thanks for the kind words about my site and the addition to your blogroll! that video of artie lang is hilarious.

 
At 11:18 PM , Blogger aikin said...

absolutely my pleasure!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home