11/05/2006

The Killer: Still Standing

I think I’ll back things up about 40 years today and post a little classic Jerry Lee Lewis. The Killer is undergoing another resurgance in popularity with the release of his latest album, “Last Man Standing,” a compilation of duets with Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, and members of the Rolling Stones, to name just a few of the artists who lend a hand to this legendary musician.

Jerry Lee’s story has been told and retold so many times, it hardly bears me trying to mash it down to a couple of quick paragraphs. You can probably sum it all up in this quote from the Man himself: “I was born feet first, been rockin' ever since..."

For today’s serving, I grabbed a handful of tracks from an album called “Breathless!”. I suppose it’s a greatest hits-type thing, issued by Pickwick 33 Records. There’s no date on the album, but I bought it in the early 80s. If that helps.

You Win Again.mp3
What’d I Say.mp3
Johnny B. Goode.mp3
High School Confidential.mp3
Great Balls of Fire.mp3
Fever.mp3
Drinkin’ Wine Spo-Dee O’Dee.mp3
Breathless.mp3

There are so many places to go for more information on Jerry Lee Lewis, to list them all would take more time than I care to spend and you would care to read. Here are just a couple:

The Official Jerry Lee Lewis site
The Jerry Lee Lewis start page
"Rockin' My Life Away” by Jimmy Guterman a full online biography

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home