10/28/2006

Pearl Jam Unplugged

All right, I’m going to give this new host a try. I don’t know what’s going on with EZArchive, but all of a sudden it’s not so EZ anymore. I also believe that most of my previously uploaded files are no longer going to be accessible. If you’re checking the archives and see something recent you missed, please drop me a note. If I can, I’ll repost it.

I've received a couple of inquiries - the host I'm going with for now is MediaMax. Their prices are higher than EZArchive, but I'm hoping it works better.

*****************************************


There is undoubtedly a literal ton of live Pearl Jam performances out there on the ‘net. I’ve managed to corral a few myself. And, over the last few years, Pearl Jam themselves have released live disks from pretty much every show they’ve done. So I’m not sure if what I’ve got here is commonplace or not, but I think it’s pretty good listening either way.

A few years ago I picked up this Pearl Jam Unplugged disk at a small record store in Connecticut. It features both nights of the band’s second appearance at the Bridge Benefit Concert on October 1 and 2, 1994. The disk sleeve says the show was in San Francisco; the Pearl Jam Five Horizons page says the show was at the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View, CA, which is actually south of Frisco. If you care.

Again, referring to Five Horizons, this appears to be Pearl Jam’s entire set for the night of Oct.1. I’m going to post this, and if all goes well with my new host, I’ll try to get the second night up soon. In the meantime, Heather at I Am Fuel, You Are Friends, got to attend the most recent Bridge Benefit show, so check out her post on that. She also has (or had, as she was also using EZArchive) some other excellent Pearl Jam posts.


Walkin’ the Cow.mp3
Elderly Woman.mp3
Corduroy.mp3
Daughter.mp3
Black.mp3
Footsteps.mp3
Yellow Ledbetter.mp3
Let me Sleep.mp3

The Bridge School is a non-profit organization whose mission is to ensure that individuals with severe speech and physical impairments achieve full participation in their communities through the use of augmentative & alternative means of communication (AAC) and assistive technology (AT) applications and through the development, implementation and dissemination of innovative life-long educational strategies, according to their Website. Visit the site for more information and to purchase the The Bridge School Benefit CD - a compilation of the first ten years of concerts.

The official Pearl Jam page.

2 Comments:

At 11:38 AM , Blogger Steven Geyer said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:46 AM , Blogger Steven Geyer said...

oh, what a shame,
i've been searching for the peal jam unplugged tracks for ages - and now they're offline :-(
any chance they might be back on soon? that would be soooo fantastic and would make someone i know very happy.
thanks so much for a short notice, st.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home