4/01/2010

Technical Difficulties: Please Stand By



I'm not sure what this means, but apparently my file host has disabled my hosting capabilities. If I understand the email correctly, I was getting something like eight requests per second for an Eminem song I posted back in February 2009. All I can think is spammers or a haxor or something equally nefarious. Unfortunately everything hosted under the "apt104" domain name is affected.

I hope to have this sorted out shortly. If not, there are about three months left on my host and I may be pulling the plug on them (and, in all likelihood, this blog) sooner than I had planned.

**************************
UPDATE: As of this morning (April 02), I'm back online. Let me know if you encounter any problems.
thanks!


Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:48 PM , Blogger Charlie Ricci said...

Please don't go away. Yours is one of the most interesting music blogs on the web.

Charlie

 
At 7:34 PM , Blogger aikin said...

thanks! I'm glad to know someone appreciates my efforts!!

Seriously, I'll probably call it quits when my host expires this summer. I'll post more about it in the future and once I decide for sure.

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Charlie Ricci said...

See if you can work things out with them. The blog is too good to lose or are you just bored with it.

 
At 3:27 AM , Blogger Muddy said...

Maybe it's just me... but I tried without success to get the music player to work for the Krokus and McLaren tracks. I'm using Chrome. Hmmm.
I don't always comment, but I do enjoy absorbing your point of view on things I'd forgotten about, things I've never heard of, and things I'm happy to think about a little more. And, Licorice Pizza is too good of a blog name to relinquish.

 
At 7:35 PM , Blogger aikin said...

@ Muddy - maybe it's Chrome? I dunno. I'm using Firefox and the links are OK.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home