12/03/2009

Say It Ain't So, Lily

Gossip around the tabloids has it that Lily Allen is chucking the music biz. There is no truth to the rumors that she is giving it up to be with me.

Lily on Wednesday told the BBC that she plans on taking “one or two years off from recording and performing music.” Her last scheduled performance is a March show with Dizzee Rascal at the O2 Arena in London. She also told the Beeb’s Radio 1 that she plans on setting up a fashion shop with her sister and working with new bands. “I’m just going to concentrate on doing some behind the scenes sort of stuff,” she said.

I’ve got say that Lily Allen taking a break from music will have no major impact on my life. However, I can admit to having been a casual fan since I saw her on Saturday Night Live a couple of years ago. I thought she was adorable looking and I kinda dug her infectious, pumped-up, ska-type music. And I have a weakness for girls with British accents.

Over the last couple of years I’ve picked up a handful of her songs here and there, but I never got around to buying a full album. I think what scared me away were tunes that veered away from ska and more into Pink territory. To be honest though, I haven’t really hated anything I’ve heard from Lily Allen.

Anyway, to see her off, I’ve rounded up a few live and non-LP tracks. And Lily, if you get bored with all this new found free time, there’s always a chip butty waiting for you in Apt. 104.

Everybody’s Changing.mp3 ~ Keane cover – non-LP
Naïve.mp3 ~ live, BBC Radio 1
Oh My God.mp3 ~ Kaiser Chiefs cover – non-LP
LDN.mp3 ~ live, 9:30 Club, Washington, D.C., Feb. 16, 2007
Blank Expression.mp3 ~ Specials cover – live, 9:30 Club, Washington, D.C., Feb. 16, 2007.


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:58 PM , Blogger Dave C said...

I dig Lily in that "special" way. But as much as I enjoyed her first LP, I found her second a dud. Maybe a bit of a flash in the pan, but is her ever a cutie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home