11/29/2009

Nothing but a Heartache

I woke up this morning with the song “Nothing but a Heartache” stuck in my head. It was puzzling because I couldn’t remember when or where I last heard it. But the song stayed there, refusing to leave.

I had to research a little to find who performed it; turns out it was a 60’s girl group called the Flirtations. While I was looking this up, I saw a YouTube comment that had me laughing and nodding my head at the same time: “Once upon a time, they wouldn't let you on stage unless you had talent. Those days are gone.”

Anyway, the Flirtations started life in 1962 as quartet called the Gypsies. Within a few years they had become a trio, won a Supremes sound-alike contest, and changed their name to the Flirtations. In 1968 they released “Nothing but a Heartache,” which would be the girls’ biggest hit.

All of which reminds me I need to clear some of the crap off my iPod to make room for music like this.

Nothing but a Heartache.mp3


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM , Blogger whoaaajamie said...

Amen.
Talent is pretty much dead these days.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home